Welcome to my digital writing journal, or mydigitalclutter. What started as a family blog almost two years ago has morphed into my writing therapy. This is where I do a lot of free writing, mostly about my life with my family and the things that catch my interest. While nowhere even close to perfect, in each post I like to see how my writing is changing with time and practice. Most posts are left unedited for this reason, so if you don't mind, take the journey with me.

Sunday, November 1, 2009

I don't {heart} the end of Daylight Savings


This is what I feel like.  Most of my clocks are still an hour ahead, and truth be told, I'm not keen on moving the hands to the correct and current time.  I really don't like the change, the end of daylight savings.

I suppose the biggest change is the adjustment of my internal body clock must make to the earlier darkness and thinking that it isn't really 5:00, but 6:00 and so on and so forth.

Onward and forward I must go, and tomorrow will be an interesting day as I rush my children in their preparations for school, and try to stay awake until 10:00 pm tomorrow night.  Of course, in the back of my mind, I know that it is really 11:00 pm and I'm tired for good reason and should just go to bed.

So, as the clock approaches what I believe is a rather late hour, I should head to bed.  My you all enjoy the time shift and make whatever adjustments need to be made in your routines to accommodate the difference.  And of course, if you are in Arizona, I'm a bit jealous right now....

*Thanks to Google for the picture*

5 Lovely Scribbles to Me:

* said...

I have from FB friends who have signed a petition against Daylight savings time.

I don't mind it so much, it's more like an itch that I can't quite scratch...

Diane said...

I do like the sunlight for a few more weeks in the early AM. Hope we all adjust well! :O)

Cassandra Frear said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog often and leaving kind and thoughtful comments!

Lisa said...

I like fall back much better than spring forward, at least we get the extra hour of sleep! Plus, for me, I don't have to drive to work in the dark in the morning. I had sun this morning! Yeah!

Tonee said...

Totally Teri! I was a mess yesterday. I kept asking Brennan what time it was really, and he said "honey, just look at the clock that's what time it is." NOOOOO.....I hate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...