Welcome to my digital writing journal, or mydigitalclutter. What started as a family blog almost two years ago has morphed into my writing therapy. This is where I do a lot of free writing, mostly about my life with my family and the things that catch my interest. While nowhere even close to perfect, in each post I like to see how my writing is changing with time and practice. Most posts are left unedited for this reason, so if you don't mind, take the journey with me.

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Grateful for Books



Today I'm grateful for books.  Of course, many of you already know of my love affair with the written word, and for that, I sincerely apologize for my gushing in regards to this blessing in my life.

I don't know what I would do without the ability to read wide and various tomes.  Going into the bookstore or library is near ecstasy for me.  One of my favorite quotes, one I put on my Facebook page comes from an Argentinean writier, Jorge Louis Borges:  "I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library."  Doesn't that sound divine?  I certainly think so.

My current reading consists of various church items, a fantastic writing book, and a few crochet patterns for snowflakes.  I am so thankful that I have the opportunity to read, and know how, and enjoy it.  It isn't a chore to me.  In fact, I thin I was grounded from books like most children are from television when I was a child.  Perhaps my mother could confirm or deny this.  It seems logical though.

What fabulous things are you thankful for and what books are you reading today?


*Thanks to Google for the Image*

5 Lovely Scribbles to Me:

Cluttered Brain said...

I've checked a bunch of books from the library on Early American history. For my novel--I'm writing of course. I am also reading Catch 22 and Lord of the Flies.
Plus i think some marketing lady is going to be sending me more books to review this month. YEAH!

Lisa said...

A nice feast of literature sounds delicious. I am definitely thankful for books, too.

Diane said...

Thankful for books too. Trying to do more leisure reading and more from the Bible. Not at all into the e-books that I can't hold and smell. :O)

Wonder Woman said...

Today I'm thankful for little boys running around in underoos. It just doesn't get cuter than that.

I'm also thankful I switched the kids door knobs to lock from the outside.

I'm reading baby name books and just started "Pillars of Earth" by Ken Follet

AudreyO said...

We were so excited when we moved into this house. We now have two bookcases, one for her and one for me...they are both full of books we have not yet read. Since moving here about 3 months ago, I've finished off 8 books so far!!! Right now I'm reading one about the mafia, and I've not been able to put it down.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...