Welcome to my digital writing journal, or mydigitalclutter. What started as a family blog almost two years ago has morphed into my writing therapy. This is where I do a lot of free writing, mostly about my life with my family and the things that catch my interest. While nowhere even close to perfect, in each post I like to see how my writing is changing with time and practice. Most posts are left unedited for this reason, so if you don't mind, take the journey with me.

Monday, November 16, 2009

Grateful for the Next Generation


How can you say no to this darling, sassy girl?

We have been very lax in our family home evening activities and I had the wake-up call from my dear little daughter who planned the entire lesson for tonight.  She decided that we had not been doing okay and needed to make sure that we were holding FHE, even though her dad has been going to class on Monday nights for quite some time.

Do your children ever make you sit up wonder how they are turning out okay, without any apparent help from you?  That is exactly how I feel today.  Somehow, she is learning and growing and I don't know where she is getting it from.

I wholeheartedly believe that my children have been given strengths that defy what I'm able to do to mess them up at this point.  I am so glad that they have the strong spirits that are needed to face the situations and turmoil in this life.  They are happy and resilient, and I am proud to be their mother.

4 Lovely Scribbles to Me:

Cluttered Brain said...

Oh what a wonderful thing! Hope your FHE went well. It sounds like it did. :)

Lisa said...

If we could all be like little children....What a great example she is, too! My daughter is the same way, she is our spiritual barometer.

Becky said...

Yep, it is my kids who keep insisting that we read scriptures each night. I sometimes would rather just go to bed, but they insist and I am glad about that.

Tonee said...

Dang! She is a CUTIE Teri!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...