Welcome to my digital writing journal, or mydigitalclutter. What started as a family blog almost two years ago has morphed into my writing therapy. This is where I do a lot of free writing, mostly about my life with my family and the things that catch my interest. While nowhere even close to perfect, in each post I like to see how my writing is changing with time and practice. Most posts are left unedited for this reason, so if you don't mind, take the journey with me.

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Grateful for Analytics

This morning while perusing the analytics on my blog, I found that I have had visits from all over the world.

I had visits from Sweden, Brazil, a few from Ireland and Germany.  It amazed me to see the different colors and numbers each country presented.  Of course, Utah was the highest number, being that the majority of my family lives here.  Of course, I'm not sure that they read my blog....

I wondered who lived in certain places, like New York, North Carolina, and so forth.  Was it someone I knew in college, high school?  Or was is a stranger that came by because they Googled something that brought them here.  Was it a topic that interested them, or because I used a Google image that caught their eye?

I am grateful for the analytics.  It makes me realize my audience is larger than my followers or comments portray.  It humbled me to know that somewhere in the middle of Columbia, someone clicked on my blog, for whatever reason, and saw a little bit of me.

*Thanks to Google for the image!*

4 Lovely Scribbles to Me:

stacy marie said...

I'm always amazed at the range of blogging too. It's also kind of inspiring, to know that you're connecting to total strangers!

* said...

I love analytics, too. I just have to watch myself b/c it can become addicting like Twitter, FB, and oh, blogging!! :)

Cluttered Brain said...

It is cool. I added that to my blog as well. Surprising enough I have a lot of Canadians who read my blog... Pretty cool, Eh?

Lisa said...

It is amazing to see where people visit from...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...