Welcome to my digital writing journal, or mydigitalclutter. What started as a family blog almost two years ago has morphed into my writing therapy. This is where I do a lot of free writing, mostly about my life with my family and the things that catch my interest. While nowhere even close to perfect, in each post I like to see how my writing is changing with time and practice. Most posts are left unedited for this reason, so if you don't mind, take the journey with me.

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Another day of Gratitude


Yes, the picture says it all.  Oh, I could be all pensive and deep, but today, I really have to say that I am grateful for Diet Dr. Pepper.  You see, for some it is chocolate, their comfort food or "drug" of choice, but for me, it is fizzy, sweet delight called Diet DP.

When I'm having a rough day, I like to run to the Union Building and fill up my cup for a whopping 53 cents, and the first sip is heaven.  It might seem a little crazy, but I love it when 10 am rolls around and I can make a trip upstairs.

For my husband, his drink is Diet Coke.  Now, don't get me wrong, it is a very nice drink, but I'm not sure I would compose a blog post about it.  It is perfectly acceptable, but just doesn't say "Teri's drink of choice".

Today I started early, running into the gas station for my fix before I headed to work.  Yep, it was one of those days.  Yeah, I know some health nut is shaking her head, wondering how I stay alive if I survive on this refreshing beverage.  I turn my nose up to you.  It is my weakness, and to be honest, I'm not too sorry about it.

Okay, so someday, I'll try to break my DP habit, and have refreshing water with all my meals, but until that day, I'll stick to what I love.

What is your beverage of choice?

*Thanks Google for the gorgeous image above.  Love it!!*

4 Lovely Scribbles to Me:

Diane said...

I am one of those crazy water gals. I just figure soda is empty calories that I can save up for chocolate instead... :O)

Wonder Woman said...

I L O V E Diet Dr. Pepper. Seriously LURVE it. Especially when my migraines became more frequent. I can't handle it when I'm pregnant, but I LOVE Diet. Dr. Pepper. I even wrote an ode to it once -- it's on my sidebar. ;o)

Lisa said...

Diet DP is good, I like Coke Zero or Diet Cherry Coke. Just hook up an IV.

* said...

Water. cold cold water. But if I'm eating pizza or a hamburger, it's got to be Squirt. Remember that pomelo pop in Uruguay? i only bought it once or twice because it was so expensive, but that was the closest thing I ever found to Squirt in South America.

Of course, gurana is a whole different story, right? :) (love that stuff, miss it!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...