Welcome to my digital writing journal, or mydigitalclutter. What started as a family blog almost two years ago has morphed into my writing therapy. This is where I do a lot of free writing, mostly about my life with my family and the things that catch my interest. While nowhere even close to perfect, in each post I like to see how my writing is changing with time and practice. Most posts are left unedited for this reason, so if you don't mind, take the journey with me.

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Oh my goodness!!

So, until I saw this on another blog, I wasn't too sure if I wanted to see the movie.  I have always had a hard time seeing a movie after I've read the book, it just never seems to live up to my own imagination.  I think I will enjoy this one as much as the books:

Now, if I can get Shelly and Mary Ann to go with our husbands, we can make a night of it, if not, it is going to be a girl's night out!!!

I'm not much of a movie person.  I would much rather read, but occasionally I will find a movie that I love.  I love Pride and Prejudice from A&E, or even the Kiera Knightly version.  But then, I'm a sucker for all things Jane Austin.  I also love the Lord of the Rings Trilogy.  I didn't read the books until after I saw the movies, so that was kind of difficult not to imagine Aragorn as someone other than Viggo Mortenson.  I don't know that I'll be able to picture Robert Pattenson as Edward, because I have my own picture in my mind.  Oh well....that is the issue with movies from books.

We've had our first snowstorm of the year.  It was pretty cold and rainy yesterday, so it wasn't surprising to wake up to a blanket of white.  Nigel was so excited!  He could hardly contain himself when he saw it.  He wanted to go right out and play.  Being that it is Sunday, we had to tell him that we needed to go to church, and that playing outside wasn't an option.  Besides, I need to figure out where the snow suit is!

Well, that is it for now.  If anyone has any other good books that they recommend, I'm on the lookout for something as engrossing as Twilight.  I'm not in the mood for anything heavy.  I get enough of that from the news!

Love to all!

1 Lovely Scribbles to Me:

Tonya Joy said...

Hey cutie - I am totally anticipating the Twilight movie! And from the moment the cast was announced I was sad - that's NOT my Edward . . . but I keep telling myself that I still have my own vision of it all in my head and I can watch it as something totally different - and maybe then I will be more pleasantly surprised . . . it does look good, doesn't it!

By the way . . . I read "The Host" and I liked the whole of the story more than Twilight.

Another good book is "The Goose Girl" by Shannon Hale - I read that in between some Twilight books and was pretty captivated - there are more books that follow it as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...