Welcome to my digital writing journal, or mydigitalclutter. What started as a family blog almost two years ago has morphed into my writing therapy. This is where I do a lot of free writing, mostly about my life with my family and the things that catch my interest. While nowhere even close to perfect, in each post I like to see how my writing is changing with time and practice. Most posts are left unedited for this reason, so if you don't mind, take the journey with me.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

A good day, a stressful day

Today was a cacophony of emotions, attitudes, sounds.  I had a terrific job interview this morning for a department I would love to work for.  It went well.  There was laughter, joking, serious answers, and I walked away feeling rather good.  Even if I don't get this job, I feel as though it was a good move to apply.  I couldn't have done any better.  I was in need of some comfort last night, so my dear dad gave me a father's blessing.  I haven't had that wonderful opportunity for a long time with them being gone.  Daniel wasn't in a good mood and asked if I wouldn't mind either waiting for one or go to my dad.  I am glad I did.  I was calm and really felt like it helped me answer things the way I needed to.

While that was great, I've also been feeling irritated, stressed, and just downright angry as well.  I work with some very interesting people, who just are so passive aggressive, I just want to spit.  I was so drained by their actions over the past couple of days, that I just about cried.  To go from such a high to such emotional baggage was just too much today.  

Last night I went to Barnes and Nobel; now that is a stress reliever for me.  I could spend hours there.  I picked up some Moleskine notebooks so I can make notes whenever I need to.  
I was pretty excited about having something small that I can be able to carry with me and jot down ideas and inspiration.  If you want to read about them, you can go to the website and check them out.  I made the name a link as you can see.  It will not take you to a separate window like my other links, because I can't remember how to do it in the HTML code.

Enough of my ranting, although when I look back, I didn't write very much.  It has taken me over an hour to get this far with all the interruptions with dinner, baths, and Daniel making Halloween costumes.  I put my Facebook status as Moleskine notebook and a little quiet, but I think that is just wishful thinking today.  Let's hope tomorrow will be just as good, and better than today.

0 Lovely Scribbles to Me:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...