Welcome to my digital writing journal, or mydigitalclutter. What started as a family blog almost two years ago has morphed into my writing therapy. This is where I do a lot of free writing, mostly about my life with my family and the things that catch my interest. While nowhere even close to perfect, in each post I like to see how my writing is changing with time and practice. Most posts are left unedited for this reason, so if you don't mind, take the journey with me.

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Itchy Witchy, Witches Galore!

So, I took Friday off because the Abbie and Nigel were home for UEA.  We got a lot accomplished and had a great day.  We first cleaned in the house (although to look at it now, you wouldn't know it!), took Nigel for a haircut, and spent an amazing amount of time at the new D.I.  Now, it was grand opening weekend for their new location and I can't believe how insanely crazy it was.  They were giving away free t-shirts, balloons, and even had a clown making balloon animals.  The kids were in heaven.  We ran into three women from our ward and had so much fun going through the books, clothes, etc.  Poor Nigel is growing so fast that he has outgrown all of his pants length-wise that he had a the beginning of the summer.  So, I had to go up another size, but they are huge around his waist.  I picked up a couple of pair at the D.I. that were in good condition so I'm not spending so much on pants he will outgrow in two months.  Yikes!  As for Abbie, we got her a couple of new, brand-name pants that were in mint condition!  Yeah!!  She loved it too, and I'm glad she isn't quite at the stage where anything from D.I. is taboo!  Of course it all started because I needed to run to the distribution center that is now in the same new building, just next door.  Crazy!  The kids had fun though.
After that fun adventure we rode Frontrunner to Salt Lake, then hopped on TRAX and met Daniel at his office at the U.  This was the first time for Nigel to ride the Frontrunner and he was pretty excited.  Here we are at the station waiting for the train:

After we picked up Daniel, we went to Garnder Village to take some photos.  It was packed, probably because of all the activities they had going on for UEA, but it was so cool.  The entire village was decorated for Fall/Halloween and the kids had a ton of fun looking at all the witches.  Here are pics from our adventure:
Too Cute to Spook
Bicycle riding witch
Abbie and Nigel and the Baseball Playing Witches!
Okay, they are so done with pictures!

Last night we went out with some friends to MacCool's for dinner.  Yummy!  Then back to their house to play cards.  Thanks for dogging us Shelly!!!  We still love you though!

Today was stake conference, so that has ended the weekend nicely.  I took a nap, something that usually doesn't happen!  We are on the late schedule at church, so I took full advantage of being done by noon!

I hope you all have a fantastic week!  Love to all!


0 Lovely Scribbles to Me:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...