Welcome to my digital writing journal, or mydigitalclutter. What started as a family blog almost two years ago has morphed into my writing therapy. This is where I do a lot of free writing, mostly about my life with my family and the things that catch my interest. While nowhere even close to perfect, in each post I like to see how my writing is changing with time and practice. Most posts are left unedited for this reason, so if you don't mind, take the journey with me.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Shoes Have It!

I don't know exactly what it is about a pair of stilettos that do it for me.  I am not at all the type of girl that has to go about with perfect hair, perfect makeup, nails polished, etc.  But I love stilettos!  I wear them all the time!  Of course, I don't stand at work all day, so having an office job does seem to have it's benefits.

I'm not at all thin and willowy...much to my dismay when I look in the mirror, but with a little extra help from some shoes, I am in my mind.  I stand just a little straighter and feel like my legs are just a little sexy.  Hello!  I'm a mom, I shouldn't be thinking these things!  But boy, this is one of my little pleasures!

Last year, Dan bought me a pair of patent leather red stilettos.  I love them! Every time I wear them, I get compliments all over the place.  Of course, they are for the shoes, and not necessarily for me, but I'll take what I can get.  

Will I have shortened calf muscles as some have been quick to warn me of?  I doubt it.  As soon as I hit the door at home, off they come.  But for a few short hours, I feel a bit like the saucy chick I think a girl wearing stilettos should be!

1 Lovely Scribbles to Me:

Anonymous said...

There is one girl at work who wear heals on a regular basis. One day another girl mustered up all her courage and wore her mother's red heals to work. Because she about bit the dust on her way in from the car we all received lessons on how to properly walk in them. I didn't know how much coordination it really does take not to end up on the floor!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...