Welcome to my digital writing journal, or mydigitalclutter. What started as a family blog almost two years ago has morphed into my writing therapy. This is where I do a lot of free writing, mostly about my life with my family and the things that catch my interest. While nowhere even close to perfect, in each post I like to see how my writing is changing with time and practice. Most posts are left unedited for this reason, so if you don't mind, take the journey with me.

Monday, March 2, 2009

Hemmed in Prayer

I'm sure that you have seen or heard about this little saying somewhere. I have seen various pillows, wall hangings, pictures, and other kitsch type paraphernalia. I'm not a fan of these types of things, but of the saying, I must say, "I agree".

So, as many can see, my last post was a bit of a downer and I was just feeling....well, crappy. It took me until today to realize that I hadn't "hemmed" my day in prayer. I had jumped up and didn't take a moment to communicate with my Heavenly Father.

I found this quote by David Bednar on the LDS.org website: "And even though we recognize the importance of prayer, all of us can improve the consistency and efficacy of our personal and family prayers. Blessings require some effort on our part before we can obtain them, and prayer, as a form of work,...is an appointed means for obtaining the highest of all blessings."

Isn't that fantastic? It fits my feelings exactly. I really know the importance of prayer, but I can be so much better at it. Can't we all?

0 Lovely Scribbles to Me:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...