Welcome to my digital writing journal, or mydigitalclutter. What started as a family blog almost two years ago has morphed into my writing therapy. This is where I do a lot of free writing, mostly about my life with my family and the things that catch my interest. While nowhere even close to perfect, in each post I like to see how my writing is changing with time and practice. Most posts are left unedited for this reason, so if you don't mind, take the journey with me.

Thursday, July 3, 2008

It's the weekend!

Okay, so maybe I'm a day early, but hey, tomorrow's a holiday!

We are still playing phone tag with the doctor.  I am getting really frustrated that we can't get any answers!!!!  Abbie seems to be doing okay on her foot, but I can tell it is bothering her.  I just hope we can get it resolved before too long!  This is getting ridiculous!  Bless her heart for being a trooper through all of this!  

On a fun note, my mom is teaching Abbie how to knit washcloths.  She was so cute!  I can't believe how she loves it!  I don't have any pictures yet, but I'll catch her doing it soon.  She came home the day that she learned and tried to do it.  Unfortunately, she couldn't remember what to do....and so the waterworks started.  She called Grandma and talked to her for a minute.  Nothing seemed to console her.  So, we went shopping! :-)  Of course the only thing to do to make yourself feel better is to shop!  We went and got her a pink tote bag from Michael's so she could carry her knitting in it  and she cruised the dollar bins for some treats.  Hmmm, must take after me in her need for retail therapy!

On my job front, things are getting changed up a bit.  I ended up going full time, but with the most flexible schedule!  Then to put a wrench in things, my supervisor is moving to the
 Registrar's office!  I think I might apply for his job....I've had some encouragement from a few people....but I just don't know.  I guess I'm feeling a bit nervous about meeting with all the different department chairs and college deans on a regular basis.  I know that I can hold my own, but there is always that little doubt.  If I do go for it and get it, I'll be able to keep my schedule pretty much how it is.  7-3.  It is great because I'm home when the kids get home from school, and they only miss me for an hour in the morning.  If I have to work at least my kids won't suffer!  Oh the quandary of it all.  There are days where I wish I didn't have to work, and others where I am glad that I do.  It is the never ending internal battle we have as mothers. 

In all my spare time I did a couple of pictures of Abbie last night that I'll share.  It basically means that I neglected the dishes and laundry.  It's clean, just not folded yet!  I need to get some of Nigel done tonight.  Perhaps everything can wait another day!

Lots of love to all! XOXOXO

0 Lovely Scribbles to Me:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...