Welcome to my digital writing journal, or mydigitalclutter. What started as a family blog almost two years ago has morphed into my writing therapy. This is where I do a lot of free writing, mostly about my life with my family and the things that catch my interest. While nowhere even close to perfect, in each post I like to see how my writing is changing with time and practice. Most posts are left unedited for this reason, so if you don't mind, take the journey with me.

Sunday, July 13, 2008

It's going to be crazy!!!

It is going to be a crazy week!  Tomorrow, I'm off to Cedar City for a meeting.  This will be my first travel trip for Weber State.  I'm excited for the time to meet and network, but I am going to miss my family!!!  Dan has class on Monday nights, so he couldn't come with me.  Luckily my mom is going to drive with me so I don't have to drive by myself.  It would have been okay either way, but I'm glad to have her come along.  We haven't had too much time together since she came back.

The kids are going to spend the night at Grandma Clawson's on Monday.  Their cousin Quiera is here, so that makes it even more fun!  I will pick them up on my way back home on Tuesday.  I don't know that I've spent that many nights away from my kids.  Occasionally, Dan and I have had a night or two together, sans kids, but to be honest, we usually do everything together as a whole family.  This will be an adjustment.

Here are a few layouts that I've done.  The first three are from the 4th of July.  The second and third are a two page spread.  I love the patriotic colors!!!  The last two are pictures of Abbie and Nigel.  Once I get everything printed, I'm going to have a huge collection!






I am pretty proud of this last layout.  I downloaded the trial version of Photoshop Elements 6 for the Mac.  I have been playing with some actions, and I made the chipboard "girl".  You can find a ton of actions at a website called atomic cupcake.  I can't remember the URL, but if you Google it, there are some great actions and templates for Photoshop and Photoshop Elements.  I am still using the GIMP and really prefer it to most things, but Elements is great for fixing photos and doing some of these advanced action things.

Have a great day!  Love to all!!!

0 Lovely Scribbles to Me:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...