Welcome to my digital writing journal, or mydigitalclutter. What started as a family blog almost two years ago has morphed into my writing therapy. This is where I do a lot of free writing, mostly about my life with my family and the things that catch my interest. While nowhere even close to perfect, in each post I like to see how my writing is changing with time and practice. Most posts are left unedited for this reason, so if you don't mind, take the journey with me.

Friday, April 4, 2008

Digging Dirt and Beauty Forever

We moved into our house almost a year ago.  We didn't do much with the yard last year, just because we knew we didn't like what was here, but didn't know what to do quite yet.  We dug up the front flower bed and left the dirt.  It was close to Halloween, so Daniel and the kids made three graves.  It was a huge hit in the neighborhood.  Well, the snow kept it hidden all winter...but now it is spring and we really need to do something.  It has become the dirt pile for all the kids to play in.  Here is a picture of Nigel in his usual afternoon position, playing in the dirt.  He does this for hours!!Well, we'll see how the yard turns out as the summer progresses.  Here is a picture of Abbie.  She is so photogenic!  Or am I biased?  
On other updates...
Dan is going to take advantage of the benefits of me working for the University and take a summer course.  I am enjoying my job, and really like the benefit of school for us.  I am getting to know almost all of the department heads, due to my work, so that can either be good or bad when it comes down to taking classes.   Perhaps in a few months I'll look at starting a Master's program.  

We are looking forward to my parents coming home from their mission in Canada.  Last time I talked with them, they were at 51 days and counting.  I think that they are ready to see their grandkids again!  I know my two are constantly asking about them.  In fact every morning Nigel asks if Grandma Tureson is home.   He has had a hard transition with the change in babysitters recently, and he knows that he won't have to go to the current one when Grandma gets home. It is nice because I'm only gone during school hours, but he only has preschool a couple of days a week.  Abbie on the other hand, liked it when I worked more...I didn't have as much time to make her practice the piano and do homework.  She is still adjusting to that!

More later!  Have a good one!

1 Lovely Scribbles to Me:

Tonee said...

Wow Ter! I can't believe your parents will be home soooo soon!!! (To me) it seems like just yesterday they were leaving, and I remember how hard that was for you. Well, that will be great. I love that pic of nigel, playing in the "graves" ha ha ha. Love ya!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...