Welcome to my digital writing journal, or mydigitalclutter. What started as a family blog almost two years ago has morphed into my writing therapy. This is where I do a lot of free writing, mostly about my life with my family and the things that catch my interest. While nowhere even close to perfect, in each post I like to see how my writing is changing with time and practice. Most posts are left unedited for this reason, so if you don't mind, take the journey with me.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Do you...laugh or cry?

When I look at my children, my heart fills with such love that it aches.  There are other times when I don't know wether to cry or laugh when dealing with them.

Why do our children make us want to scream one minute because they are defiant and just plain stubborn and the next moment they are as cute as a button and saying the most darling things?  I don't know why this is such a common occurrence with parents and offspring.

One minute a child is screaming like a banshee and the next they are doing a happy jiggly dance, naked around the living room.  As a mother, I often find myself hiding behind my hand, trying to suppress the laughter that bubbles to the surface.  I know that at that point I should be disciplining the child about the importance of modesty (try explaining that to a five year old) and having some sense of decorum.  But, all I can do is giggle helplessly as I try to come up with a somber voice to tell the kid to get some clothes on!

0 Lovely Scribbles to Me:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...