Welcome to my digital writing journal, or mydigitalclutter. What started as a family blog almost two years ago has morphed into my writing therapy. This is where I do a lot of free writing, mostly about my life with my family and the things that catch my interest. While nowhere even close to perfect, in each post I like to see how my writing is changing with time and practice. Most posts are left unedited for this reason, so if you don't mind, take the journey with me.

Friday, January 23, 2009

Decadent Pleasures

What's your decadent pleasure?  Chocolate?  Time alone?  A trip to paradise?  All of the above?  I have to admit that while chocolate has at one point in my life, been a very good friend to me, it doesn't quite have the same pull it once did.  Perhaps I need better quality?  Regardless, it had come to my attention that I don't have much in terms of decadent pleasures, but I recently did endulge in what could become one.

Daniel gave me gift certificates for massages as a Christmas present. I may have found something that is for my own decadent enjoyment.  I have spent a half an hour each week, enjoying the benefits of this relaxing treatment.  For a mere 30 minutes, my mind goes blank and all I can imagine is the stress and chaos that has built up in my shoulders, slowly ebb away.

Some people are what I call high maintenance.  They get their hair done every six weeks, eye brows waxed, nails polished, and alway in tip top shape.  I can't say that I even have eyebrows to wax, and if I do, they are much blonder than my dark hair.  My hair, now much longer than in times past, gets neglected and often shoved into a pony tail.  My toes are not polished, but are chipped and horribly ugly (thank goodness it's winter and not sandal weather).  But due to my new exotic (for me) pastime, does this now make me high maintenance?

Is having a massage any different than partaking of a particularly sweet and tasty piece of chocolate?  Is it any different than spending money on perfectly manicured toes?  I don't think that it is.  Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy each of these things at times, but they aren't the thing that I seek when looking for the "me" moment.  I suppose we each have our temptations.

1 Lovely Scribbles to Me:

Tonee said...

Ooo...that sounds wonderful. I have been reading your entries for awhile now, and it sounds like you need some good massages! Love, Tonee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...