Welcome to my digital writing journal, or mydigitalclutter. What started as a family blog almost two years ago has morphed into my writing therapy. This is where I do a lot of free writing, mostly about my life with my family and the things that catch my interest. While nowhere even close to perfect, in each post I like to see how my writing is changing with time and practice. Most posts are left unedited for this reason, so if you don't mind, take the journey with me.

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Tears

I've done a lot of crying the past few days. From my previous post, you know that there have been some serious trials being born by some loved ones.

Tears are known to be therapeutic and good for the soul. Just because they can be brought on by sadness doesn't mean that they do not have their benefit. I just wish my eyes didn't hurt so darn bad!

I don't cry in that attractive way that some people do. Their eyes glisten, and a tear here and there leave a trail of wetness, and they seem so stalwart and strong. I on the other hand, do not glisten or seem stalwart. My nose swells and turns red. I sob, shudder, and carry on. My chest heaves and my shoulders shake. My eyes, puff immediately, and I can't see two feet in front of me. Let's just face it, I'm not an attractive crier.

The sad thing is, I cry like this over everything. I can even cry happy tears and look like I've been hit by a Mac truck. It's a good think I was too nervous at my wedding to cry, or Dan may have run away by the hideous transformation of his bride. Can you just imagine him running down the street yelling to shelter your children and hide in the basement from the monster he just uncovered? Yeah, good thing.

I hope the week coming up is less of an emotional roller coaster, but I doubt it. We will attend a a funeral and continue to pray for Amanda. I will probably still have residual hormonal issues, and still feel the wonderful after effects of Women's Conference. I don't know why tears always give us headaches, or why we all can't be elegant weepers. I just know that there are times in our lives when tears seem to flow all that more, and there is nothing we can do to stem the tide.

2 Lovely Scribbles to Me:

Cluttered Brain said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful time at Women's Conference. I wish your friend who is in the hospital well.
When the tears are hard to cry it is good to let them out. Remember the Lord does love you and will carry you in times of weakness.
I always remember the popular poem Footprints. Keep that im mind as you and your family are in trials.

About the attractive tears thing. I don't look any better when I cry either. You are not alone. :)

* said...

Sending you some love. Sorry these things have come crashing down on your, your family and friends this week. Crying helps. And chocolate. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...