Welcome to my digital writing journal, or mydigitalclutter. What started as a family blog almost two years ago has morphed into my writing therapy. This is where I do a lot of free writing, mostly about my life with my family and the things that catch my interest. While nowhere even close to perfect, in each post I like to see how my writing is changing with time and practice. Most posts are left unedited for this reason, so if you don't mind, take the journey with me.

Thursday, April 2, 2009

A very exciting summer!

I am so excited!!!! Perhaps I shouldn't use so many exclamation points, but I can't help it. For many months now, I have been playing with a dream. Toying with it really. I have gone back and forth with a number of ideas and haven't had much luck in solidifying anything into what my dream has consisted of. Today I feel as though I have taken a very solid step forward in accomplishing that dream. I'm even going to put it out there for all to see. Huge deep breath here......I am going to write a book. Now, I don't know where this dream will lead me, but all I know is that it is a dream that must be pursued. I signed up for a class today, Advanced Fiction Writing. It is the push I may need in order to get some things organized. I seem to do better by giving myself an assignment and having a couple of deadlines looming to motivate me.

Now, I harbor no hopes or aspirations of becoming the next big thing. I do however feel like there are a number of stories in my head that need to be told. I have fragments that run through my mind, ends unknown, characters halfway developed, but something is there, and I want to give it some substance.

So, here it is. Out for everyone to know. Come the end of June I will have some structure and hope to give some substance to my ideas. We'll see what happens and what path this dream will lead me on, but it is good to have a dream again. ¡Vivir para soñar! ¡Soñar para vivir!

1 Lovely Scribbles to Me:

* said...

Yahoo! I'm so excited for your new adventure! I can't wait to hear more about your writing class, wish it started this week already!
PS: I'm a big fan of exclamation marks, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...