Welcome to my digital writing journal, or mydigitalclutter. What started as a family blog almost two years ago has morphed into my writing therapy. This is where I do a lot of free writing, mostly about my life with my family and the things that catch my interest. While nowhere even close to perfect, in each post I like to see how my writing is changing with time and practice. Most posts are left unedited for this reason, so if you don't mind, take the journey with me.

Friday, April 24, 2009

Weekend Magic

This week has been ETERNAL. I'm not exactly sure why, but this week has dragged on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on. (Sorry for my own rendition of Pioneer Children!)

Monday was difficult as I had issues of self-doubt and despair. Luckily some of my dear peeps on Facebook/Twitter/and here made me feel a whole lot better!

Tuesday seemed like Wednesday, and boy was I disappointed when I got home and realized that Dan had class, and so, it was Tuesday.

Wednesday wasn't so much a hump as it was a mountain to climb before moving towards the end of the week.

Thursday should have been Friday, but unfortunately it wasn't, and so it turned out to be the inspiration to my idea of starting the weekend early...but try as I might, I do not have the ability to fast forward the hands of the clock.

Today. Well, today has been bliss, just in the knowledge that after a few short hours of work, I would be well engaged into the weekend revelry. This will probably consist of doing housework and sleeping in until 7:00 am, but hey, it's the WEEKEND! Just the knowledge that we don't have anywhere specific to go or do, i.e. work and school brings a smile to my face. We can sleep in, eat pancakes for breakfast (a semi-consistent family tradition), get dressed around noon, watch cartoons (the old Scooby-Doo is an all time fav), and just take it easy.

So, we all now that isn't going to happen. That was just wishful thinking above. I'm probably going to freak out in the morning and be the chore nazi, and not even relax. I'll make Abbie rush to and fro, Nigel will have to lug laundry baskets, and Dan will probably want to leave because he can't take my "stressing" out.

Here is my weekend mommy mantra.....RELAX, ENJOY, and DON'T STRESS! My week has been really long and so I need to give myself the gift of enjoying my family time and not turning it into Clawson Chaos, something I'm famous for. I will chant my mantra, I will sleep in, and I will eat pancakes. I will not stress about the clutter on my living room floor, or the fact that my daughter has erected a red yard clothesline in her room. I will not yell, nor will I clench my jaw. There will be serenity and joy this weekend. NO MATTER WHAT! Wish me luck!

1 Lovely Scribbles to Me:

* said...

Here I am, cheering you on & wishing you luck! And just think, Women's Conference is already next week! I'm holding out for that! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...