Welcome to my digital writing journal, or mydigitalclutter. What started as a family blog almost two years ago has morphed into my writing therapy. This is where I do a lot of free writing, mostly about my life with my family and the things that catch my interest. While nowhere even close to perfect, in each post I like to see how my writing is changing with time and practice. Most posts are left unedited for this reason, so if you don't mind, take the journey with me.

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful Thanksgiving Thursday

I am thankful for so many things and this time of year always brings to mind how blessed I am.
  1. I am thankful for my family...both immediate and extended.  I have a husband who loves and supports me, children who are wonderful and loving, parents and siblings that love me unconditionally.  My life would never have turned out this way without their influence on me.
  2. The Gospel of Jesus Christ and the Plan of Salvation is something that I am eternally grateful for.  I don't know where I would be in this crazy life without the knowledge and steadfastness of my testimony of Jesus Christ.  I am grateful that I have the opportunity to learn from my mistakes and become a stronger person.
  3. I take for granted that I have a home, a job, and food on a daily basis.  I can't miss the opportunity to say how blessed I am to have these necessities in my life.
  4. Books.  Need I say more?  To be able to read and immerse myself in a story and stretch my imagination has been a boon to my sanity in times of trial, depressions, and just plain tiredness.
  5. To say that I am grateful for technology seems a bit trite, but I must say that without it, I would not have kept in touch with friends across great distances, preserved memories, or have the job I do today without it.  It has also been a bit of a commonality with Daniel, and as I learn more, we have a greater understanding of each other's interests.
  6. My dear friends are another treasure that I hold dear.  Although we don't spend as much time as I'd like together, they can always kick me in gear when I am down and need a boost.  They have watched out for me from a distance and close by and stepped in when Daniel couldn't help me.  For that I am ever so grateful.
This is just a few of the things that I have pondered today, on this national day of thanks.  The list could continue on, or I could get extremely sappy and start to tear up at the thoughts of all my blessings.  I hope all have had a wonderful day, ate lots of turkey, even with the effects of tryptophan in your system, and gorged on pumpkin pie.  I also hope that you reflected on what you are thankful for, and had a moment of silent communion to Him who provides for us all.

Happy Thanksgiving!

0 Lovely Scribbles to Me:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...