Welcome to my digital writing journal, or mydigitalclutter. What started as a family blog almost two years ago has morphed into my writing therapy. This is where I do a lot of free writing, mostly about my life with my family and the things that catch my interest. While nowhere even close to perfect, in each post I like to see how my writing is changing with time and practice. Most posts are left unedited for this reason, so if you don't mind, take the journey with me.

Monday, November 10, 2008

A dreary day

Do your moods match the weather at times?  Today has been really rainy and dreary.  Don't get me wrong, there are days that I adore the rain.  Especially when I can stay home with a good book, curled up on the couch in a fuzzy blanket!  Well, today was not one of those days.  I haven't felt really good the past couple of days...a little dizzy, off center.  I think that I may need to have my ears checked to see if something is up there.  Today the weather just compounded the issue and I've felt a little down and out.  Gray.  That is the best word for it.  Not blue, but gray.

I seemed to suck up everyone else's emotions around me as well.  I talked to someone who was having a hard day at work, and suddenly, my day was just that much harder.  I spoke with someone who was a bit angry, and then, for some reason I was angry too.  I consciously try to avoid doing that, but today was different.  It was as if I could see myself drawn to the dark side of life and wallowed there.

Would today been different had the sun been shining?  I don't know.  I can only hope that tomorrow I will be able to force a better attitude and not let those around me influence how I feel.

Enough waxing poetic, or at least my attempt to.  On Saturday, we went to the African Children's choir at Kingsbury Hall.  Let me just say, it was fantastic and the kids really enjoyed themselves.  We had great seats and I just absolutely loved going to a cultural event and exposing my kids to how they should dress and act.  With Daniel able to get tickets to these events for free on occasion, we definitely will be taking advantage of it.  We had talked about how we both work for universities where cultural events are very reasonably priced and we need to do it more often.  It would be a shame not to take advantage of it.

0 Lovely Scribbles to Me:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...