Welcome to my digital writing journal, or mydigitalclutter. What started as a family blog almost two years ago has morphed into my writing therapy. This is where I do a lot of free writing, mostly about my life with my family and the things that catch my interest. While nowhere even close to perfect, in each post I like to see how my writing is changing with time and practice. Most posts are left unedited for this reason, so if you don't mind, take the journey with me.

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Temple Quarry Nature Walk

Yesterday we spent some time outdoors in Little Cottonwood Canyon on a little "hike" at the Temple Quarry Nature Trail.  We had a lot of fun, just getting outside and doing a little bit of something different.  It was really interesting to see all the granite that was used for the Salt Lake Temple.  I had never been up there that I can remember, so it was a fascinating walk. We got a little close to nature, before it ran away, but thank goodness for a telephoto lens.  We saw the lizard and I managed to get a couple of snaps before he heard us and took off.
The kids were so cute with their Camelbacks.  I just think that they like drinking out of them more than they "need" them.  There were a lot of bathroom breaks over the day.
Check out the photo blog for some of the pictures that I took.  There were some great shots (in my opinion) of the scenery and nature.

0 Lovely Scribbles to Me:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...