Welcome to my digital writing journal, or mydigitalclutter. What started as a family blog almost two years ago has morphed into my writing therapy. This is where I do a lot of free writing, mostly about my life with my family and the things that catch my interest. While nowhere even close to perfect, in each post I like to see how my writing is changing with time and practice. Most posts are left unedited for this reason, so if you don't mind, take the journey with me.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Green

So, as many of you know, our family has gone a bit green.  It has been in the genes for a long time and we have always recycled our aluminum cans, but it escalated as we bought our Toyota Prius.  
Photobucket
We haven't water the lawn all summer...okay, so that isn't really because we are conserving water...that's because we tore out the front yard to redo everything and still need to move about 5 tons of dirt before we can finish....but hey, our water bill has been very low!

Photobucket
We've composted in the garden and had spontaneous growing pumpkins (due to last years Halloween leftovers)and have a ton of tomatoes just waiting to turn red.  
Photobucket
To conserve energy and to keep the house cooler, I even dry some of the clothes on the line outside. 
Photobucket
As I was hanging out some clothes today, I realized that we are doing more to reduce our carbon footprint that I realized.  Our friends laugh and tell us if we buy a motor scooter, they won't talk to us anymore, but hey, 90 MPG is nothing to laugh at.  Now, if I can get a blue one......:)

When all is said and done, there is so much more we should be doing.  Our next vehicle purchase will be a hybrid for sure.  We have loved the Prius and it wasn't bad when we took it to Kansas a couple of months ago.  So, we are green.  That isn't so bad is it?


0 Lovely Scribbles to Me:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...