Welcome to my digital writing journal, or mydigitalclutter. What started as a family blog almost two years ago has morphed into my writing therapy. This is where I do a lot of free writing, mostly about my life with my family and the things that catch my interest. While nowhere even close to perfect, in each post I like to see how my writing is changing with time and practice. Most posts are left unedited for this reason, so if you don't mind, take the journey with me.

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Holy Neglected Blog!

Wow!   A whole week since I last posted.  I can't believe how busy we have all been.  It just seems with Dan back in school on Monday and Tuesday nights, we are busier than usual. 

Abbie and Nigel love school.  Nigel is coming home with a new song or two every day.  He thinks that he is so cool because he spells the colors and is reading a few words.  I think that he is adjusting better now that it is routine.  Abbie is doing well too.  Of course our little math genius isn't too sure about reading, but we are working on that aspect of her education.

Last night was the school carnival.  I completely forgot about it until my mom reminded me
 after dropping Abbie off at a friends house.  Nigel and I went, met up with Abbie, and then Dan joined us after we had been there for an hour or so.  They seemed to have a great time and won some "fantastic" prizes like pencils and whistles.  The highlight was the inflated bouncy slide toys.  They had one called King of the Mountain, and it was hit.  I tried taking pictures with my iPhone, and it wasn't as good as my regular camera, but it really did a good job!  I guess the light was good and that helped!

Speaking of the iPhone...have you tried the new iTunes???  I love it!  Of course we are a Mac addicted family, so everything we have is Mac.  I downloaded the new iTunes update on my MacBook and am in love with it!  It has a great new "Genius Tool" to make playlists with your music.  I have had fun with it already!

On the job front, Dan was offered the position he interviewed for last week, and he took it.  I am so excited for him!  He is really happy to leave his current position, and I know that he will do great.  I am happy to report that I did not get the job that interviewed for.  I guess I was second choice, and they were almost going to offer it to me.  Luckily, they decided to go with someone else and he accepted the offer.  I have put my application in for the job in the Registrar's office and feel much better about that one.  I sat and talked to the guy who used to be my supervisor, and we chatted about the state of things.  He knew my heart really wasn't in the other job, as I had told him as much before I even interviewed.  He is the one that tried to get me to apply for the job in the Registrar's office.  Perhaps he has ulterior motives? ;-)

Have a great weekend!

0 Lovely Scribbles to Me:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...