Welcome to my digital writing journal, or mydigitalclutter. What started as a family blog almost two years ago has morphed into my writing therapy. This is where I do a lot of free writing, mostly about my life with my family and the things that catch my interest. While nowhere even close to perfect, in each post I like to see how my writing is changing with time and practice. Most posts are left unedited for this reason, so if you don't mind, take the journey with me.

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

They are Home!!!

Today was fantastic!  I am so happy to have my parents home!  Last night for Family Home Evening we made posters to welcome Grandpa & Grandma home.  We cut out circles and glued them on the posters.  Both Abbie and Nigel had so much fun with it.  I took the posters to their house last night and hung them up.  We had about 50 balloons that I either put on the door or inside their hallway.  The kids didn't get to help hang them because it was after bedtime when I went over, but I promised to take pictures.  It was still up when we went over to see them today!

They look great!  Tired, but great.  I had fun going through all my Mom's "treasures" that she brought back and loved the Canadian Maple Leaf necklace that she gave me.  The kids had some really fun toys that they brought back from Nauvoo.

More than anything I am so glad that they made it home, safe and sound.  I look forward to spending more time with them in the next couple of days, to hear their stories and learn all about their experiences.

Welcome Home Mom & Dad!!!  We Love you!

1 Lovely Scribbles to Me:

Tonee said...

Wow! It seems like they just left (to me of course). I am so glad to hear they are home.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...