Welcome to my digital writing journal, or mydigitalclutter. What started as a family blog almost two years ago has morphed into my writing therapy. This is where I do a lot of free writing, mostly about my life with my family and the things that catch my interest. While nowhere even close to perfect, in each post I like to see how my writing is changing with time and practice. Most posts are left unedited for this reason, so if you don't mind, take the journey with me.

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Shopping, Yummy Food, and Christmas is Coming

I haven't been very good at getting everything done for Christmas in a timely manner.  Most of my shopping has been put off until now.  Of course, I've done a bit here and there, but the bulk of what needed to be done got done yesterday.  I still have Daniel to buy for, and since we talked about that yesterday, I am okay in saying that I don't have anything for him yet!

We went shopping at the outlet stores in Park City, mostly for the killer deals at the Old Navy outlet for the kids.  Most things were 60% off, so I was really happy with what we got for them.  KB Toys was going out of business and we stopped in there for a minute to see if there was anything worth getting.  We did find some things for Nigel, "CARS" paraphernalia of course.  It was a game box, filled with dominos, cards, checkers, etc.  All "CARS" themed.  He'll love it.  Especially since he has learned to play checkers and chess.  He is too smart for his own good!

After the frigid cold of Park City, and being childless for the day, (Thanks Mom and Dad!) Daniel and I made our way home through downtown SLC and stopped at my new favorite place to eat.  Charlie Chow's Dragon Grill!  Yummy!  I absolutely loved it.  I have never mastered the art of chopsticks, but yesterday, was able to eat my entire dinner with them! So divine.  I had vegetarian fare, and loaded up with lots of fresh tomatoes, zucchini, mushrooms, celery, broccoli, etc. They grill it up for you with whatever sauce you like, and bring it out.  Daniel had beef and chicken to whatever he put in with his noodles, but I wasn't in the mood for meat.  I love Chinese food, but it seems like I can never get it exactly the way I want it.  Either they use too much of something or not enough of something else.  This way I could make it the way I wanted!  Yummy!  Sorry for the extreme long rant over this place, but it was really good!  Click on the picture to see their page and menu!

Just a few more days until Christmas!  Yippee!  My kids are bouncing off the walls with excitement.  Hope they can last!

0 Lovely Scribbles to Me:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...