Welcome to my digital writing journal, or mydigitalclutter. What started as a family blog almost two years ago has morphed into my writing therapy. This is where I do a lot of free writing, mostly about my life with my family and the things that catch my interest. While nowhere even close to perfect, in each post I like to see how my writing is changing with time and practice. Most posts are left unedited for this reason, so if you don't mind, take the journey with me.

Saturday, December 13, 2008

"My Brain is Shrinking"

So, my five year old can be considered a drama king.  He can be the cutest thing in the world one minute and the next can be crying and telling me that his brain is shrinking because he hasn't exercised yet today.  It all started because his dad asked him to pick up 5 things in his room before breakfast....then it all began.  He couldn't do it, he had a headache, his hands ached, and it went on and on until it culminated in the wail that his brain was shrinking.  All to avoid picking up 5 toys or items of clothing.  I just don't know where he gets it!  Of course he is the cutest thing ever as he talked about tornados and blowing snow this morning.  Ten minutes later he is crying and now, ten minutes after that he is singing Christmas carols and picking up the clothes he was asked to in first place.  This could easily drive a sane mother crazy!  What about a less than sane one like me?  Oh, I'm already there!

1 Lovely Scribbles to Me:

Tonee said...

That sounds quite humorous really! He's so cute! Mine is already 1 week old, I know he's going to be a "little stinker" and 5 yrs old before I know it!
love
Tonee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...