Welcome to my digital writing journal, or mydigitalclutter. What started as a family blog almost two years ago has morphed into my writing therapy. This is where I do a lot of free writing, mostly about my life with my family and the things that catch my interest. While nowhere even close to perfect, in each post I like to see how my writing is changing with time and practice. Most posts are left unedited for this reason, so if you don't mind, take the journey with me.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Submission Quandries

I have an essay, sitting on my flash drive, just waiting for something.  That something could be a blog post, or a submission, I haven't quite decided.  The anxiety of what to do with it is eating away at me, and I question the reasons of why I haven't just submitted it yet.

A friend from work introduced me to a project his sister in law is working on.  Every time we talk, he tells me I need to submit something to her.  Without fail, every conversation we have, he will state, "You need to send her something!"  He only knows the writing I do for project proposals, employee write-ups, and the various e-mails I send to him daily.  How would he know of my desire to create something worthy of publication, in a forum outside of my daily work life?

I've played with the essay, wondering if it is right for the audience this project focuses on.  I've played with it, wondering if it would just be better as a post, as the subject matter is light and airy.  I just don't know if I have the angle quite right.  So we shall see.

While it causes me grief, I don't know how I can go without writing.  Besides, if I happen to see a byline someday with my very own name, I'm sure that will make it all worthwhile.

3 Lovely Scribbles to Me:

Anonymous said...

It's that something you can't do without that will spur you on. Hang on to that feeling. Keep at it and good things will come your way.

* said...

I say do it! Submit it for sure!

PS: I'll critique it for you if you wish, anytime, hermana, just lmk!

Lisa said...

Our own self-doubt is our worst enemy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...