Welcome to my digital writing journal, or mydigitalclutter. What started as a family blog almost two years ago has morphed into my writing therapy. This is where I do a lot of free writing, mostly about my life with my family and the things that catch my interest. While nowhere even close to perfect, in each post I like to see how my writing is changing with time and practice. Most posts are left unedited for this reason, so if you don't mind, take the journey with me.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

What I Can't Say


Writing has always been an outlet for me.  I can spew my thoughts and feelings onto a sheet of paper, and feel as though I have some sort of resolution for any problem or concern.  This has not been the case for me as of late. Because of the confidential nature of my issues (i.e. work) I haven't had time to write down my feelings of frustration.  That isn't to say that I am not experiencing wonderful things to share as well, but when my hands are tied either metaphorically or literarily, the whole creative train comes to a screeching halt.

I must say that although my Google Reader has reached an astounding number of unread posts, I have been lurking around enough each day to get some sort of strength from those who are wiser, and more prolific than I can be at the moment.

Luckily, although my thoughts have been jumbled and I feel bound by the nature of propriety and good sense, although I am sure I lack that most of the time, I have found that sewing baby rag quilts a bit of a stress release.  Where I would have crafted a paragraph of undetermined length, a row of brightly juvenile fabric has become snuggly warmth for some child I do not know.  Amazingly, I'm starting to become quite adept at the art of sewing and cutting these things.  Something that started as nothing more than mere fabric squares, becomes a quilt in a few short hours of work.  A finished product.  Something my words are bereft of doing at the moment.

As the next few weeks unfold, and I see the path the our illustrious (or not so much, depending on your level of sarcasm) legislature takes, my stress may or may not increase.  I'm leaning towards the former, but perhaps I'll luck out...hence the blog make-over.  I think we can all use a bit of luck right now!

3 Lovely Scribbles to Me:

* said...

I love the blog makeover, especially the diagonal stripes on the sides, love the feel of those colors and lines.

Your baby quilting sounds therapeutic.

I've knee deep in poems and essays, enjoying them as I continue to collect ideas for my 2 WIPs. All in good time, right?

Lisa said...

I'm so sorry you have reached a creative block. Looks like you've found a different creative outlet, though. Nice Job!

What stress is the Legislature causing you? Cutbacks? (I'm out of state).

Anonymous said...

Love the blog makeover. Especially the top. =]

I'm glad you're still around, lurking or not. Take care and hope things even out soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...