Welcome to my digital writing journal, or mydigitalclutter. What started as a family blog almost two years ago has morphed into my writing therapy. This is where I do a lot of free writing, mostly about my life with my family and the things that catch my interest. While nowhere even close to perfect, in each post I like to see how my writing is changing with time and practice. Most posts are left unedited for this reason, so if you don't mind, take the journey with me.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Pity Party

I'm throwing myself a pity party right now.  I guess it is due to the overwhelming feelings burying me under.  I have a pan of brownies baking, the ones with peanut butter cups baked in.  Perhaps a whole pan will help me feel a little better.  Or give me a stomach-ache.  We'll see which happens first.  I'm betting on the stomach-ache.

Life has been very chaotic summer, and back to school time has only stretched limited time even thinner.  I think I need a day to clean.  My house is a tornado recovery zone, one that could be considered a federal disaster area. There just isn't any desire, nor much time to dedicate to the amount of work it will take to get it on track.

How do we do it?  How do we think we can handle it all, mothering, work, extra-curricular activities, school, and church?  I'm not sure anyone can.  Something always falls into the neglected category, and more often than not, it is my house.

Anyone want to invent a cleaning robot, or better yet, know the number of a good cleaning fairy?

1 Lovely Scribbles to Me:

Becky said...

So... I feel the exact same way! I wish I knew a cleaning fairy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...